Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Crisis in Asia

As the crisis in Asia unfolds and the death toll is expected to be around 150,000 people, I can't help but feel helpless. It's strange to be traveling to a part of the world that is experiencing such tragedy and suffering. As I eagerly look forward to traveling to Asia, many people are left looking for their loved ones. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

It's strange to think that within the next four months I will be visiting many of the areas hit hardest by the tsunamis. It also amazes me that seismologists throughout the world were aware that a 9.0 earthquake occurred and would reap devastation on many populated areas, but they were unable to send any message of warning. Countless people have lost their lives; how many deaths could have been prevented?

To the people of South East Asia, my thoughts are with you.

To donate to the relief effort visit:
www.redcross.ca
www.msf.ca
www.unicef.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home