Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Oh (Air) Canada

So, Air Canada, in keeping with its reputation, is going out of its way to prevent me from using a free executive class upgrade that was given to me by my dad. Now, I do realize that the upgrade says right on it that you can't transfer it unless the person who earned it is flying with you. However, I'm thinking that policy stinks and that they should rescind it as soon as possilbe.

If they really wanted the member to use the reward then they would just put it on their aeroplan account and automatically offer the upgrade on any flights booked for the future. Instead, I think they provide a paper document because they actually want their "elite" and "super-elite" member to give the upgrade as a gift, as was done in this situation, only so they have the pleasure of turning up their noses and saying, oh you're not "elite", well then you don't qualify for this. Go back to your Q class and be Quiet.

I'm still going to try again at the airport tomorrow, but I think I'll be riding with the bags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home