Saturday, March 19, 2005

Singapore Science Centre - Two Stars

So, I haven't updated things in a little while. Here's what's been going on.
Last Saturday, March 12th I went to the Singapore Science Centre. The centre itself was directed at an age group of about 6 - 12. Shawn and I wandered about for an hour or so while killing time before our iMax movie. We quickly found that we didn't know how to use many of the exhibits and rather than read the detailed instructions, we would label it “broken” and move along. We then killed some time at Science Center's food establishment - McDonalds. Here I had the pleasure of realizing just how easy I am to pick out from a crowd. I ordered a “sandwich” and they promised to deliver it to my table. When they brought the burger written on the receipt was “White” (Me) and “Eurasian” (Shawn). Shawn's actually of Indian decent but in Singapore he has been frequently labeled Eurasian (one parent European, the other Asian).
We then watched “Mystical India” on Singapore's omnidome. This was really cool. The theater itself is shaped like a beehive dome and the screen is giant 360 degree panorama. When they project the movie, it really feels like you're traveling to India. The storyline itself was a little weak, but the visuals were amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home